Subject: Re: generating a custom css to epub3 -- how? (+ italics?)

On 07/18/2012 08:13 AM, Robert Nagle wrote:
Ok, I haven't achieved my goal, which is causing docbook2.css to be
copied into the target directory. The xhtml references the
docbook2.css file though.

Ok, Dave are you saying that I need to preprocess the xsl
customization layer in order to expand the xinclude and drop the css
stuff inside? Then, after I have done this, I will have to process it
again? (something akin to two pass processing).

How would I do this with Saxon (if it's possible)? Would I need to do
two-pass processing (where I process it into an intermediary file?

The stylesheet contains the xinclude
<xsl:param name="docbook.css.source">docbook2.css.xml</xsl:param>
      <xi:include href="docbook2.css" parse="text"
    xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"/>
(I hope you close the xsl:param)

So you need to run the stylesheet through an xInclude processor,
or select the param to saxon to use xinclude

I have that as

# for xinclude -Dorg.apache.xerces.xni.parser.XMLParserConfiguration=org.apache.xerces.parsers.XIncludeParserConfiguration"/>

In which case the stylesheet parse will expand the xInclude, and the parameter will contain 'your' css file.

HTH

***************************************

The problem is that I don't know what's going on with these
     parameters, and what Bob's answer means. Am I including a css file or
     an xml file which contains css information?

Dave Pawson replied:

The 'text' bit

<xi:include href="docbook2.css" parse="text"
says that it is plain text, i.e. not XML.
Hence as the extension says, you're pulling in css.

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.