Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Multilanguage DocBook documents - best practices needed

On 07/23/2012 07:58 AM, Jirka Kosek wrote:

In my experience the following works pretty well:

1. Store your source language (usually English) as modular DocBook
documents.

2. Prior sending document for translation assemble it into one large file.

3. Use agency which has very good translation software with translation
memory

4. If source document is updated, make one large assembled file again --
with translation memory only changed part of documents has to be
translated again.

					Jirka

Which makes me think you have two separate documents, one for the 'master'
and another for the second language? Is that right Jirka?

I too thought it should be possible to have more than one language in
a single file.
The @id issue is only important for a built document, at which time
all except one language can be filtered out using XSLT?

regards

regards

--
Dave Pawson