Subject: Processing titles for the PDF TOC

Hi all,

I'm using docbook-xsl-1.73.2 and Saxon 9 HE to generate PDFs via XEP.

I'm attempting to strip any "remark" elements that authors have embedded
in "title" elements from the content reproduced in the TOC. As far as I
can tell, simply adding

    <xsl:template match="remark" mode="titleabbrev.markup"/>

should have done the trick, but it hasn't. In fact, none of

    <xsl:template match="remark" mode="label.markup"/>
    <xsl:template match="remark" mode="toc"/>

has made any kind of impression, which is puzzling.