Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] docbook qandaset

On 2012-08-03 07:48, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> I am not looking for something like:
> http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/HideAnswers.html I want to be able
> to display the question on the videoproject, leave 5 min to think,
> then display the answer. I really mean 'hide' temporarily, not remove.

You may be interested in the work that Gabor Kovesdan has been doing on
DocBook Slides, as part of this year's Google Summer of Code. There, a
new 'incremental' attributed is introduced, which is then used together
with new xhtml-based output media to add items incrementally to slide
presentations. I don't know whether that attribute is used in the fo /
pdf stylesheets. I imagine that the natural way to use it there would be
to regenerate the same page, but with an item previously hidden now
being displayed.

The above DocBook Slides work is planned to be merged into mainline over
the course of the next couple of weeks.

FWIW,
        Stefan