Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] WYSIWYG Editor for docbook

On 8/12/12, Paul Taylor <paul_t100@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> In a previous project I used docbook 4 to create help text for an
> application which I then used it to generate html and Javahelp. The
> generation worked very well but I found it very difficult writing the
> help text embedded within the docbook tags, it wasn't until the final
> output was generated that I could see my typos and generally bad english.
>
> So considering using docbook v5 for a new project but is there a WYSIWYG
> editor/plugin available, i.e create help text in word/open office type
> program but am able to save it in docbook format ?
>
> Paul

Not exactly the answer you're looking for, but to hijack the thead -
have HTML 5 + CSS3 sufficiently advanced the art that WYSIWYGness can
be achieved?

Personally, I think the answer is yes, esp. with something like Google
Web Toolkit as the development platform. That would deliver a
browser-based solution; a web server would still be required to
deliver and maintain the document storage.

Comments? Brickbats?

Cheers,
jec