Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Docbook and OXygen Xml Editor

Hi Paul,

Sorry for the delay, please see some more observations below:

Hi, thanks for the detailed answer but all I  meant was that I accept the data is pasted into Oxygen the way it is, but once you have a table in Oxygen is there not a way to make the the first row a table header row form within Oxygen. In the end I got round this by going to text mode and manually copying and pasting the thead from another docbook created table.

How would you see an easier way to do this in Oxygen? Maybe select the first row, right click and have a custom action like "Make Header Row"? Something like this?

Hi, I did go here first but the Edit option was greyed out. Now realized I have to duplicate the docbook scenarios that I want for my project, and then edit them, now works thanks.

Indeed read-only scenarios need first to be duplicated. In Oxygen 14.1 the "Edit" button will be active and will guide you into duplicating the scenario, which is a more useful approach.

Okay, found that but it is still quite annoying, that you have to press ENTER twice at the end of each row, I'd suggest that just pressing ENTER (Or CNTL-ENTER) should create the next item.

The problem is that even at the end of the list item you can still insert other elements and ENTER shows you the list of available elements + the top-level SPLIT entry. Probably indeed Ctrl-ENTER would be an interesting way to split easily, but you are still pressing two keys :)

Cannot find this option,  but even without this I should be able to do what I want, shouldnt I ?.

Please find attached a screenshot with the drop-down button which controls the tags display mode.
Our user guide discusses this in more details:

http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-oxygen/index.html?q=/doc/ug-oxygen/topics/author-display-markup.html

Currently I have Section 3, section3.1 and section 4
I want to create a new Section 4 so that section 4 becomes section 5, so we have Section 3, section 3.1, section 4 and section 5.

If I position caret at the end of title for section3 and insert section it creates a new section before section3.1, bot what I want.
If I position caret at end of section section 3.1 it creates a section 3.2 instead of a section 4.

Yes, because you are inside a section and the toolbar actions you are probably using to insert the section understands that you want to create another section inside the current one. If you move the caret by pressing the DOWN arrow you should be able to move inside the parent section and insert the section there.

It wouldn't be so bad if I could go to end of section 3.1 create section 3.2, and then click on new section 3.2 and convert it to section 4 by promoting it to a higher level section but I cannot see any option of this type.

Indeed having such promote-demote section operations would be very useful for Docbook. I added an improvement request for this.

Regards,
Radu

Radu Coravu
http://www.oxygenxml.com