Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Wrong PDF output: Custom button-format is only displayed in the Oxygen Editor and HTML, but not in PDF. Frame is missing.

Looks like you're most of the way there, but I don't see any properties in  your fo:inline element to add a border. The rest look okay, and work fine in my environment.

In the line that starts:
<fo:inline background-color
add this:
<fo:inline border-style="solid" background-color

And then you may need to set other properties to get the precise look that you want.

--Aaron DaMommio

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 5:15 AM,  <daniel.keyes@finaris.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are currently trying to make our user manual a bit more flexible
> regarding its maintenance. In this process, we replaced buttons that have
> previously been inserted as screenshots by a new format in Oxygen/ Docbook,
> basically imitating the original buttons. The new buttons have a light-grey
> background, use a purple font, have a purple frame and are based on a custom
> style in our Style sheet.
> Oxygen and the HTML transformation display the buttons correctly, but the
> the purple frame disappears when we transform the document to PDF.
>

> I have to admit that I´m not the master of code, but my responsible
> co-worker is currently out of office. The code in the XSL stylesheet for the
> PDF transformation looks like this:
>
> <xsl:template match="d:button">
>         <fo:inline background-color="#D3D3D3" color="#4B0082"
> font-family="Courier New" font-weight="bold" text-align="start" >
>                 <xsl:apply-templates/>
>         </fo:inline>
>     </xsl:template>
>
> I can´t see the frame, but it should be there. Did we forget something?
> Maybe this is a mistake simply resulting from the missing link between the
> various output forms (Editor vs. Html vs. PDF)
>
> Can anybody help us fixing the problem?
>
> Thanks.
>

> Greetings,
>
> Daniel Keyes

> Disclaimer
> The information contained in this e - mail and any attachments
> ( together the "message") is intended for the addressee only and may
> contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you have received
> the message by mistake please delete it and notify the sender and do
> not copy or distribute it or disclose its contents to anyone.
>
> FINARIS Financial Software Partner GmbH
> Sömmerringstr. 23, 60322 Frankfurt/Main, Germany
> Registered at Frankfurt/Main, HRB 52873
>
> Managing Directors:
> Dipl. Inf. Hermann Friebel, Dipl. Ing. Kai Bächle, Dipl. Inf. Werner Märkl

Aaron DaMommio: Husband, father, writer, juggler, and expert washer of dishes.
- My blog: http://aarondamommio.blogspot.com
- Need a juggler?  http://amazingaaronjuggler.blogspot.com/