Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] DocBook XSLT Performance

Hi Jirka & Gabor,

On 11 October 2012 13:37, Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz> wrote:
> For large documents Saxon usually outperforms xsltproc, for smaller ones
> xsltproc is faster as it doesn't require start of JVM. Xalan is quite
> slow and buggy compared to those two.

Right, i forgot to mention that I need a Java processor. Changing to
Saxon would indeed speed up things 2-3 times. I was hoping to find
some other things that wouldn't require me to change XSLT processors.

> l10n code was refactored ~2 years ago to be much faster in typical
> scenarios (no customizations). So please make sure that you are using

I'm on 1.76.1, which seems to be roughly 2 years ago. I'll see if
upgrading to a recent release helps.

thanks!
Remko