Subject: Customizing substep labels - adding a new numeration?

Hi,

I have received a request that requires some stylesheet customization and I am a bit clueless about how to do it properly.

In some procedures of our docs, we have steps labeled with numbers and substeps labeled with lowercase letters - that's the Docbook default as far as I know. The task would be to label the substeps with Cyrillic letters, but only in the Russian version of the docs.

I guess I have to customize:

- the common/common.xsl/<xsl:template name="next.numeration"> template to add a new cyrillic numeration to the list (and somehow test that this happens only if the language of the root node is Russian)

- and probably the common/labels.xsl/<xsl:template name="autolabel.format"> template to add an entry for cyrillic numeration

- maybe even common/common.xsl/<xsl:template match="orderedlist/listitem" mode="item-number">

What I don't see from the stylesheets, is that somewhere I guess I should provide a list of the cyrillic alphabet, so that the stylesheets know how to label the steps, but I don't see where or how I could add this.

Is the following process valid, or am I missing something? I'll need this customization for 1.75.2 and the current 1.77-ns stylesheets as well.

Any help is appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Robert Fekete