Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Adding a border around a DocBook <imageobject> in PDF output

OK, I thought that might be too simple.  8^)
If you want the border to match the image size, you'll need to put the border on the fo:external-graphic element.  Unfortunately, that means you need to copy and customize the template named 'process.image' from fo/graphics.xsl.  That is currently a large template that handles a lot of attributes.  But adding your border attribute should be no problem.

Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 3:20 PM

That does indeed get me the border, so much appreciated.

However, to tweak it just a little more... I had set up my images to be 90% of page width, like this:

<figure pgwide="1">
 <title>some caption</title>
 <mediaobject role="screenshot">
  <imageobject>
   <imagedata fileref="media/usrprf.export1.png" scalefit="1" align="center" width="90%"/>
  </imageobject>
 </mediaobject>
</figure>

...and your suggested example draws the border full page width.  I tried fiddling with the template, like this :

<xsl:template match="mediaobject[@role='screenshot']">
 <fo:block border="0.5pt solid black" width="90%">
  <xsl:apply-imports/>
 </fo:block>
</xsl:template>

...but the "90%" in the fo:block is apparently not used.  So I have empty white borders either side, within the outline.  I can of course make the images 100% wide but that scales them vertically too, using excessive paper area.  Also, I'm a little uneasy about forcing 90% anyway on the template, I'd like it to stick to the image if possible.

What solutions should I consider?

Thanks,
Christopher