Subject: re: How to ensure headings show up after epub sidebars?

One solution might be just to make sure that the main text is longer vertically  than the content inside the sidebar, so that situation will never happen.

I think you could also change the css heading so that

div.chapter{display:block}. That would force the div to occupy the entire line -- and thus to move it below the sidebar.

As a last resort you could probably use one of the epub css to force a new page break
http://www.paulsalvette.com/2012/04/adding-page-breaks-for-your-kindle.html

I'm not at a computer so I'm just guessing.

By the way, I just noticed that there's now another ebook/epub design ebook out which looks good. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009G2JMRK/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B009G2JMRK&linkCode=as2&tag=paulsal-20 (Liz Castro's ebook on ebook publishing was the definitive guide, but it's a few years' old.

Hope this helps.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Andreas F.X. Siegert" <afx@afximages.com>
To: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 21:51:42 +0100
Hi,

when using images in epub3 sidebars, I occasionally get the effect that the
paragraphs flowing next to the sidebar are shorter than the sidebar and
headings that should be below the sidebar on the full page width end up next
to the sidebar.
is there a way to prevent this for epub3?

thx
afx

--
http://afximages.com/

--
Robert Nagle
6121 Winsome Ln #56C, Houston TX 77057-5581