Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] RE: Creating a separate section/component for Revision History

I don't think putting a section after an appendix is valid DocBook, for either book or article. The stylesheet does not take the time to validate the input, but they are written on the assumption that the content is valid. Because they are template driven, invalid content may work, but it is risky.

Is this a book or an article document?

Also, is this for print or html output?

For print output, there are three attribute-sets that can be customized for your purposes:

revhistory.table.properties
revhistory.title.properties
revhistory.table.cell.properties

From: Kerry, Richard
Sent: Friday, December 07, 2012 10:17 AM
To: DocBook Apps Mailing List ‎[docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org]‎

Well, having done some more testing I can answer my own question......
(partially if not totally)

I'd assumed that the stylesheets automatically put any appendices after all sections. I now find this is not so. If I have a <section> in my source after the <appendix> then it gets rendered after the appendix. So if I put my Revision History (or two of them) into this section it gets rendered there.

So that part of the question is answered.

What I now need to do is work out how to control the rendering. I want it to be a table with visible borders whereas the default has the borders not visible. Also I'll want a coloured heading line (which I will for other tables in the document as well).

Also the "Appendix" heading is indented compared to the "Section" headings.

Eventually,
Richard.