Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Re: [docbook-dev] new stylesheet release coming

Jirka,

I still have some specific questions regarding the procedure and policy of patch merging.

> -- remove checks for Saxon, we are not checking ability for other less usual numbering schemes so we should be consistent

Is there any reason, that there are no checking for xslt-processor to support any particular numbering scheme? The problem is that without this checking there will be unpredictable results so someone can't even understand, what happens - all processing will be silent. BTW, Indian numbering, available in distro, also doesn't support by some processors.

> -- update documentation for all *.autolabel parameters to describe new values

I suggest that I have to update also docsrc/reference.xml.included that current script takes and makes html docs. Is there any other source doc files that have to be included?

Specific of Russian alphabet is so, that some of the characters have to be excluded from the numbering. They are strictly prohibited. They are: Й Ъ Ы Ь (and the same equivalents in lowercase). So I need to apply some checking logic for that. But other formats doesn't include checking for prohibited characters (don't know if any prohibited character exists there). Does it mean that such additional checking also can't be merged in distro code?

Thank you!

--
Best regards,
 Eduard Tibet