Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] xlink:title not getting into HTML, 1.77.1

Hi Jennifer,
namesp. cut : stripped namespace before processing

This indicates that the stylesheet being applied to your DocBook 5 document is the non-namespaced version. That stylesheet cannot match on namespaced elements, so it first converts the DocBook 5 document to DocBook 4 before processing. In doing so, it converts external links to <ulink> and that element does not support xlink:title attributes.

I suggest you instead process your document with the namespaced version of the stylesheets with are meant for DocBook 5, (with "-ns-" in the directory name). If you are using an old version of Oxygen, it may not have them, but you can download them from SourceForge:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/docbook/files/docbook-xsl-ns/1.77.1/

With that stylesheet, it will not convert your link to ulink, and it will output the title attribute from the xlink:title input.

From: "Jennifer Moore" <jennifer@uncharted-worlds.org>
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2012 11:52 AM
To: "Bob Stayton" <bobs@sagehill.net>; "DocBook Apps" <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>

Hi Bob

thanks for your reply!

Can you supply more details:

1.  Are you using DocBook 4 or DocBook 5 XML?

5.

2.  Can you provide an example of your linking element with xlink:title
in it?

OK, experiment coming up. I've gone back and found an XML and HTML pair from an old article, that I hadn't touched for a couple of years.

XML original:
====
<link xlink:href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/apr/25/david-cameron-david-mitchell"; xlink:title="Article, 25 April 2010">this article</link>
====