Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] How do you manage your catalogs ?

When I eventually got back to looking at this I realized there was a rather fundamental question that I had assumed an answer for and not tested ....

Can the Catalog be written using relative paths ?

For some reason I had believed the answer was No.  Possibly because that was in all the examples I'd seen.

Having thought to test the issue I find that the answer is actually Yes - A catalog may use relative paths.

This means that my original concern is void.  I can write one catalog and hold it in Version Control with the customizations.  When it is checked out it just needs pointing at and everything else works.

Eventually,

Richard.

Richard Kerry

BNCS Engineer

T: +44 (0)20 82259063

M: +44 (0)7812 325518

Room EBX 301, BBC Television Centre, Wood Lane, London, W12 7RJ

richard.kerry@atos.net

uk.atos.net

This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee; it may also be privileged. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. As its integrity cannot be secured on the Internet, the Atos group liability cannot be triggered for the message content. Although the sender endeavours to maintain a computer virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.