Subject: docbook for publishers: xsl anyone?

In my previous question,  https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/201301/msg00021.html  I wanted to add custom attributes to all p tags inside a certain chapter. The need I had related to a way I'm using docbook which goes beyond its intended use.

I am producing a play with dialogue. My original decision was to just customize the css tag so that it uses hanging indents. But then what about the preface and afterward and other portions which are not dialogue? That meant I would need to have 2 different classes of p tags in my output.

This is unwieldy because it  would require adding a custom class every time I add a para tag in the preface, afterward. etc. Also, CSS for Kindle (even for Kindle Fire) has very limited support for selectors  http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000729901

I know that Docbook for Publishers has semantic elements better suited for my project http://www.docbook.org/tdg5/publishers/5.1b3/en/html/docbook.html . I see it has  elements for drama, dialogue, line, poetry, etc.

Has anyone published any extensions/customizations/add ons to style the elements in Docbook for Publishers? Are there any plans to?

--
Robert Nagle
6121 Winsome Ln #56C, Houston TX 77057-5581