Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] v5, pdf output, font-family config

Hi Dave,
I am not able to duplicate this problem. When I put a comma-separated list of fonts in that param, the commas appear in the FO file. Looking at the code, it just copies that param without any further processing. I cannot explain where your commas went.

But I don't see how this list is going to accomplish your goal. The formatter does not use that list to select bold and italic. The association of italic and bold comes in the font configuration file for the formatter, using the currently selected font name to find by association the italic or bold variant.

From: "davep" <davep@dpawson.co.uk>
Sent: Saturday, March 02, 2013 7:41 AM
To: <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject: [docbook-apps] v5, pdf output, font-family config

In my import stylesheet I have

<xsl:param name="body.font.family">aries, ariesItalic, ariesBoldOSfigs</xsl:param>

I.e. I want the formatter to use different fonts to match
normal, body, bold.

when I look at the xxx.fo file I see

font-family="aries ariesItalic ariesBoldOSfigs,Symbol,ZapfDingbats"

So although the font list is comma separated from the
<xsl:param name="title.font.family">ariesSCB</xsl:param>
<xsl:param name="dingbat.font.family">ZapfDingbats</xsl:param>
<xsl:param name="monospace.font.family">din</xsl:param>

specs, for some reason the comma separated list in $body.font.family
has the comma's stripped?

is there any reason for this... and how can I stop it please?

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.