Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] DocBook mobile stylesheets

Hi:

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 7:13 PM, Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz> wrote:
On 27.2.2013 13:43, Xmplar wrote:
> Will the mobile stylesheets that Gihan Karunarathne created be
> integrated into an upcoming release? What stage of development are they at?
I used PhoneGap and JQueryMobile as tools for creating Android and iOS applications. the code base of PhoneGap was changed rapidly. So, I decided to independent DocBook mobile from PhoneGap. So, here is the documentaion for the DocBook mobile
http://gihankarunarathne.github.com/DocBook-xsl-mobile/content/index.html (for online access)

The code is there:

http://docbook.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/docbook/branches/mobile/xsl/mobile/

From above link, you can access the code base. Also you can access it for github https://github.com/gihankarunarathne/DocBook-xsl-mobile-decouple. (I used git, because it's very much familiar to me.)

However result hasn't been extensively tested and I had some troubles
using build on Windows. Also it depends on many other dependencies. If
you can try it yourself and provide some feedback -- it is working or
what is not working it would increase chances of putting into regular
release.
I agree with Jirka. This application can deploy into several platforms not only for Android and iOS.
I tested it on Samsung Galaxy Nexus. And a little bit on Mac X-code simulator.
It's better if you can test it and give me some feed back, I can further improve it's performance.
Without installing SDKs on computer, you can build it from PhoneGap cloud service.
http://gihankarunarathne.github.com/DocBook-xsl-mobile/content/ch02s04.html
https://build.phonegap.com/apps

Thank you in advance !.
--