Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Applying to GSoC 2013

Hi Dimuthu,

On Tue, 2 Apr 2013 22:36:06 -0700
DImuthu Upeksha <dimuthu.upeksha2@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> I think it is really cool to work with docbook because I'm quite good
> at xml, html. javascript and css. But the problem is, I don't know
> where to begin with. Can anyone please give me some references to
> follow to learn about docbook code?

Well, if you had used your favorite search engine, it would have
revealed probably the usual suspects. ;-)

Here is a list to start with:

* Main Project:
  http://www.docbook.org/

* Sourceforge Project:
  http://docbook.sourceforge.net/
  https://sf.net/projects/docbook/
  You can download the latest DocBook stylesheets

* DocBook: The Definitive Guide
  http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/docbook.html
  Contains some basic topics about XML and DocBook documents, but
  mostly it contains all the reference material for the DocBook elements

* DocBook XSL: The Complete Guide
  http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/index.html
  Bob's book about how to publish DocBook files by using the DocBook
  XSL stylesheets

* The DoCookBook -- Recipes for DocBook Developers
  http://doccookbook.sourceforge.net/html/en/
  My cookbook about certain topics of DocBook and its XSLT customization
  (That reminds me of updating the book)

If you know DocBook and XML already, you can skip that part and try
to focus more on learning XSLT. Most users work with DocBook and XSLT so
I guess it's worth to investigate some time here.

--
Gruß/Regards,
    Thomas Schraitle