Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Company logo in title page (non-standard, I already RTFM)

Hi Eric,

On 04/04/2013 01:43 PM, Eric Nordlund wrote:
> So, here is my question: can I use a template to add a static <mediaobject> to the <bookinfo> element before the title page xslt happens? I added a small template to my customization layer that sort of works (it adds the <mediaobject>, but then FOP crashes when it tries to make the PDF). Here is the template I added:

[...]

What you describe sounds like a two-stage workflow, where you first
process your document one time, inserting a mediaobject, then take the
resulting XML file and process that a second time to generate FO output
from that. That should indeed work. What doesn't work is to inject a
mediaobject in the generated FO (since then it wouldn't be valid FO any
longer).
However, I wonder why you want to inject a mediaobject in the first
place, instead of a fo:graphic. Making the graphics part of the
stylesheet allows you to not having to change all your document sources
and still get the desired graphics into the pdf, when using that custom
stylesheet.

    Stefan