Subject: xrefs to <title> elements don't work

My company has a hundred or so books that were authored with Arbortext’s graphic XML editor. I’m having a problem processing these books with XSL-FO because so many of the xrefs in these books are to title elements instead of the parent procedure, section, example, table, etc., elements.

Is there a way to make these work in the XSL-FO output? I was thinking I could have a template that could recognize when an xref/@linkend pointed to the id of a title and then change the linkend to the id of the title’s parent element, but I don’t really know how to do that.

Is there another way to do what I need to do?

Eric Nordlund

Customer Documentation and Training

Cray Inc.

901 5th Ave