Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] GSoC Project Idea: integrated LaTeX output support for the stylesheets

Em 05-04-2013 16:00, Tony Graham escreveu:
On Fri, April 5, 2013 2:09 pm, Gábor Kövesdán wrote:
I plan to apply to this year's Summer of Code and I wanted to share my
idea with you for discussion. I've been using DocBook both for personal
documents (CV, Bachelor and Master Thesis, papers, etc.) and in the
FreeBSD Project. I'm usually satisfied with the output that Apache FOP
creates but I believe the PDF generation should be better supported. The
only usable open source XSL FO renderer is Apache FOP (xmlroff is very
immature and is not actively developed) so we have no alternatives.
Ouch.
What do you exactly mean here? If you don't agree with this statement, could you please elaborate?
Have you looked at speedata Publisher
(http://speedata.github.com/publisher/), which is open source, works with
XML, and has LuaTeX underneath?  (I haven't used it myself.)

Not yet but thank you for the hint, I'll take a look. But it also seems to have quite some dependencies (Ruby, Rake, Jekyll, Go) and it won't be able to integrate into DocBook XSL as much.

Gabor