Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] participating GSOC 2013

On 04/05/2013 11:29 PM, Kelum Deshapriya wrote:
> I'm Kelum Deshapriya.i'm new to gsoc. I'm willing to participate gsoc
> 2013 and work with Docbook XSLT 2.0 stylesheets project. I haven't
> previous experience about project. so i did some searching to learn Docbook.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DocBook
> http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/index.html
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DocBook
> i'm interesting working with Docbook XSLT 2.0 Stylesheets project. but i
> don't know how to start working this project. so can anyone give me some
> help to start working with this project? thanks.

Hi Kelum,
To work on the xslt 2.0 stylesheets, you'll need decent xslt 2.0 skills.
I'd check out the resources for learning xslt at:

http://wiki.docbook.org/LearningDocBook

The code for the xslt 2.0 stylesheets is here:

https://github.com/docbook/xslt20-stylesheets

Bob Stayton's book, http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/index.html, is
about the xslt 1.0 stylesheets, much remains the same in terms of the
parameters and how they work, but the implementation of those features
may differ substantially in the 2.0 xslts.

I think Jirka or Norm would have to chime in on what features are
to-be-implemented. Another option would be to find a customization of
the 1.0 xslts that hasn't been ported to xslt 2.0 yet and handle that.
For example, webhelp. In that case, you'd depend on the xslt 2.0
stylesheets and build on them.

David