Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] GSoC Application

On 04/08/2013 03:17 PM, Richard Hamilton wrote:
> Looks like odd-numbered years are not good for DocBook at GSoC.
>
> Our application for this year's GSoC program was rejected.

That's sad news indeed. Please don't read to much into that decision
though (such as how our "ideas" page could have been at fault); the
decisions whether or not to accept an organization aren't entirely
deterministic, AFAICT...

> Thanks to everyone who volunteered to be a mentor and for the interest from prospective students. I hope that some of the ideas generated for this year's program can get implemented in other ways. If not, they can form the basis for another try next year.

Indeed, let's hope all the enthusiasm and work that went into preparing
and discussing ideas so far wasn't wasted.

    Stefan