Subject: EPUB3: how to use base.dir ?

Hi,

this is a follow-up from my last mail about EPUB2*, however in
regards to the EPUB3 stylesheets (version 1.78.1). Maybe I miss
something important. Anyway, here is the situation:

1. Using EPUB3 Stylesheets with default values

   Running xsltproc without any customization nor parameters:
   $ xsltproc $DB/epub3/chunk.xsl epub_booktest.xml

   This gives me the following structure in my current directory:
   +── META-INF
   |   +── container.xml
   |── mimetype
   +── OEBPS
       |──  *.html
       |── package.opf
       +── toc.ncx

2. Using EPUB3 Stylesheets with base.dir

   Running xsltproc with parameters base.dir:
   $ xsltproc --stringparam base.dir "foo/" \
          $DB/epub3/chunk.xsl epub_booktest.xml

   This gives me the following structure in my current directory:
     +── foo
     |   +── *.html
     |   |── package.opf
     |   +── toc.ncx
     +── META-INF
     |   └── container.xml
     +── mimetype

Using the stylesheets without any parameter, you get all files in the
current directory, which is fine.
However, my impresssion was to set the output directory for *all* files
with the base.dir parameter. This directory is only concatenated to
HTML files, not the other files.

Is this a conceptual design descision or is it a bug? How can I collect
*all* files in *one* directory?

Thanks. :-)

---
* Subject: "Conceptual Questions and Customizations Regarding EPUB2