Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] EPUB3: how to use base.dir ?

Hi,
Try setting base.dir to "foo/OEBPS/". That will put META-INF, mimetype, and OEBPS in foo/, which is what I think you want.

As you know, the stylesheets write HTML output to $base.dir. The default setting for base.dir in epub3 is "OEBPS/". For the other epub files that are not in the HTML output directory, they are written relative to base.dir. That's how it was done in the Epub2 stylesheet, and the Epub3 stylesheet maintained it for backward compatibility.

This could probably have been more clearly configured by leaving the default base.dir empty and instead defining a new param for the OEBPS directory name that would be appended to base.dir. Changing it for the next release would break existing implementations, though, but it might be worth it.

From: "Thomas Schraitle" <tom_schr@web.de>
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2013 6:49 AM
To: <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject: [docbook-apps] EPUB3: how to use base.dir ?

Hi,

this is a follow-up from my last mail about EPUB2*, however in
regards to the EPUB3 stylesheets (version 1.78.1). Maybe I miss
something important. Anyway, here is the situation:

1. Using EPUB3 Stylesheets with default values

  Running xsltproc without any customization nor parameters:
  $ xsltproc $DB/epub3/chunk.xsl epub_booktest.xml

  This gives me the following structure in my current directory:
  +── META-INF
  |   +── container.xml
  |── mimetype
  +── OEBPS
      |──  *.html
      |── package.opf
      +── toc.ncx

2. Using EPUB3 Stylesheets with base.dir

  Running xsltproc with parameters base.dir:
  $ xsltproc --stringparam base.dir "foo/" \
         $DB/epub3/chunk.xsl epub_booktest.xml

  This gives me the following structure in my current directory:
    +── foo
    |   +── *.html
    |   |── package.opf
    |   +── toc.ncx
    +── META-INF
    |   └── container.xml
    +── mimetype

Using the stylesheets without any parameter, you get all files in the
current directory, which is fine.
However, my impresssion was to set the output directory for *all* files
with the base.dir parameter. This directory is only concatenated to
HTML files, not the other files.

Is this a conceptual design descision or is it a bug? How can I collect
*all* files in *one* directory?

Thanks. :-)

---
* Subject: "Conceptual Questions and Customizations Regarding EPUB2