Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] EPUB3: how to use base.dir ?

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, 11. April 2013, 15:27:14 schrieb Bob Stayton:
> I figured out a better way to handle this.  The HTML stylesheets already
> have an internal variable named 'chunk.base.dir' that actually used for
> chunking.  It originally ensured that the base.dir value had a trailing
> slash.  I've modified it for epub3 to append the value of $epub.oebps.dir,
> which is 'OEBPS' by default.
>
> So in the next release you can set base.dir has you usually do, and the
> OEBPS is automatically added for the files that need it.  For those
> transitioning from the current version, the process will fail with an
> explanatory message if your $base.dir includes the OEBPS part.  Then you can
> reset your $base.dir to omit the OEBPS part.

This is great news! Thanks!

I would like to suggest an additional idea:

Currently, the "DocBook XSL Stylesheets: Reference Documentation"[1] contains
all the parameters for HTML, FO, manpages, etc. Wouldn't it make sense to
include the EPUB2/3 parameters too?

Most of the parameters are already documented (refering to HTML). However,
there are some parameters which are specific to EPUB. It would be helpful if
users know what can be adapted.

[1] http://docbook.sf.net/release/xsl/current/doc/index.html

--
Gruß/Regards