Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] <a> inside <li> adds white space in Firefox and IE?

Hi  Eric,

On Thu, 2013-04-25 at 06:29 +0000, Eric Nordlund wrote:
> It's almost as if the <a> tag is pushing the <p> down.

I guess that's it – I am not sure what the <a> tag is interpreted as,
but the <p> is interpreted as a block element. This means it tries to
take up all available horizontal space. Thus, it can't sit next to the
<a> (curiously, though, it seems to help little to define the <a>'s
width/height as 0 – so I don't have the definitive answer here).

> Has anyone found a fix for this? Here is the HTML below:

The obvious fix is to move the <a> within the <p> – in that case, the
<a> is a simple inline element within a block element. But that might be
hard to do with the DocBook stylesheets.

Apart from that, I had some luck with some additional CSS in Firefox (can't try in IE):

<ul>
  <li style="position: relative">
    <a id="hello" style="position: absolute"></a>
  </li>
</ul>

Stefan.

--
SUSE LINUX GmbH, Maxfeldstraße 5, D-90409 Nürnberg
Geschäftsführer: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer