Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] HTML Output viewed with Firefox and IE mutated vowel looks like " Ãœberblick" instead of "Überblick"

Hi Petra,
If you are trying to generate HTML, then the epub/docbook.xsl stylesheet is probably not the best choice. It is meant to be processed as part of building an epub file, using the dbtoepub Ruby script.

If you want chunked XHTML output, you could use xhtml/chunk.xsl instead.
For chunked HTML output, using html/chunk.xsl.

From: Petra Funke
Sent: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 4:52 AM
To: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org

How can I fix that. I use docbook 5 and the command

xsltproc --output dmDOC_BH.html /usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/nwalsh5/1.76.1/epub/docbook.xsl dmDOC_BH.xml

to convert to HTML.

PDF looks OK German!
The  header of my document looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE book SYSTEM "/home/petra/docbook/docbookpetra.dtd">
<book  lang="DE_DE">

Petra Funke
Dokumentation und Qualitätsicherung
DocuMatrix Output- und Informationstechnologie Consulting Gmbh
A-3441 Abstetten

petra.funke@documatrix.com
www.documatrix.com