Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Problem with "\" in WebHelp Search

On Wednesday, June 5, 2013 20:30 CEST, David Cramer <david@thingbag.net> wrote:

> On 06/05/2013 12:28 PM, Morgan Hayward wrote:
> > We’ve been testing this on Firefox 21.0.  However, I just tested this in
> > IE9 and found the sidebar disappears when you search for a backslash (/)
> > as well.  Very strange.
>
> Indeed, I'm seeing that behavior in the current snapshot build:
>
> http://snapshots.docbook.org/xsl/webhelp/docs/?textToSearch=this+\+that#
>
> Should be easy enough to fix by removing / and \ from the search string.
> I'll take a look.

Sorry, but stripping the / and \ characters from the search strings means that it is not possible to search for pathnames (for example, c:\winnt, or /var/log), windows registry keys, and a bunch of other technical terms that use these characters legitimately.

Is there a way to work around this problem, for example, by using some escaping characters?

Robert