Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Footer background color for pront output

Hi Alan,
That template looks like it should work.  Can you peak in your .fo file to see if the new page master is being referenced?  For a body page-sequence, you should see:

<fo:page-sequence  master-reference="instart-body" ...>

If you see "body", then the selection process is not working.  If you see "instart-body", then the custom page-master is not working.

Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 4:05 PM

Took me a while to get back to this.

Bob, I followed the documentation that you referred to, and added a background-color attribute to the fo:region-after elements. It doesn't seem to do a thing.

Here's the logic I put in to decide whether to use the default or the custom page-masters:

<xsl:template name="select.user.pagemaster">
  <xsl:param name="element"/>
  <xsl:param name="pageclass"/>
  <xsl:param name="default-pagemaster"/>

  <!-- Return my customized title page master name if for body,
       otherwise return the default -->

  <xsl:choose>
    <xsl:when test="$default-pagemaster = 'body'">
      <xsl:value-of select="'instart-body'" />
    </xsl:when>
    <xsl:otherwise>
      <xsl:value-of select="$default-pagemaster"/>
    </xsl:otherwise>
  </xsl:choose>
  </xsl:template>

I suspect I am not selecting my custom one properly and it's using the default - but I can't see why. Any ideas?

Alan