Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Use of XML Catalog with Ant (xslt task) - request for example (using for DocBook/WebHelp)

Also, running ant with the environment variable ANT_OPTS=-d would enable debug logging to the console. The resolver should then be possible to spot...

 :: Morten

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Graham [mailto:tgraham@mentea.net]
Sent: 9. august 2013 18:04
To: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org

On Fri, August 9, 2013 11:19 am, Kerry, Richard wrote:
> I've tried to follow Ant's documentation regarding the <xmlcatalog>
> element but I can't get it to work.  (I am finding the Ant documentation
> in this area extremely hard to follow)
> By "can't get it to work" I mean it doesn't find the files I'm trying to
> reference via the catalog.  It doesn't show any messages indicating
> whether or not it is using the resolver, so I presume it isn't finding it.

You should presume it is finding it: it gives a warning if you're using an
external catalog and it can't find a resolver.

> Does anyone have any complete example of this working.
> Ie one that includes a reference to the resolver jar, and the classpath,
> and the catalog file and/or catalogManager.properties.

When finding the resolver.jar fails when resolver.jar is referred to in
xslt/@classpath, I usually just give up and put resolver.jar in Ant's own
'lib' directory.

Regards,

Tony Graham                                   tgraham@mentea.net
Consultant                                 http://www.mentea.net
Mentea       13 Kelly's Bay Beach, Skerries, Co. Dublin, Ireland
    XML, XSL-FO and XSLT consulting, training and programming