Subject: entities and glossary database

Docbook 5

It appears that entities with linkends referring to a glossary database glossentry do not get the links.

Given:

&myentitytest; defined as <glossterm linkend="gloss-entitytest">a test</glossterm>

and a  glossary file containing

    <glossary>
        <glossentry id="gloss-entitytest">
            <glossterm>entitytest</glossterm>
            <glossdef>
                <para>
                    a definition
                </para>
            </glossdef>
        </glossentry>
    </glossary>

The following snippet:

    <para>
        &myentitytest;
    </para>
    <glossary role="auto"/>

pulls in the glossary definition but does not establish the link

However, the following in one file does establish the link.

The glossary file contains
   <para>
        &myentitytest;
    </para>
    <glossary>
        <glossentry id="gloss-entitytest">
            <glossterm>entitytest</glossterm>
            <glossdef>
                <para>
                    a definition
                </para>
            </glossdef>
        </glossentry>
    </glossary>

Is there something I can do do get the first case to work with the role="auto"? I am using xsltproc with the docbook-xsl-ns-1.78.1 stylesheets.

Thanks,
Paul