Subject: TOC issues with DocBook WebHelp

Hi All,

I am looking for help with the two TOC issues that I have with my DocBook WebHelp, compiled using DocBook xsl ns 1.78.1, Ant 1.8.4, and Saxon 6.5.5.

Issue 1: In my WebHelp TOC, there are several TOC entries (of the same level) linking to the different anchors of the same html page (this is controlled by the default toc and chunk parameters), but only the first click from these TOC entries will reload the html page and scroll to the right anchor of the page, all the subsequent clicks neither reload the html page, nor scroll the html page to the right anchor, and the html address in the browser address bar don’t change (although a different html address can be viewed when hovering on the TOC entry), unless you switch to a different html page, and then back to it, and then again the first click will scroll to the right anchor of the page, the rest clicks just have no effect at all.

Issue 2: In WebHelp TOC again, everytime when you click a TOC link, the TOC pane will refresh and then go to the top of the TOC pane, and will not re-locate to the current selected TOC link. If you have a TOC which is really long, you will have to scroll the TOC to re-locate the TOC link every time, which is not user-friendly.

These two issues could be reproduced on this WebHelp: http://www.appeon.com/support/documents/appeon_online_help_v1.5test/development_guidelines/index.html.

To reproduce issue 1: visit the above address, expand the TOC tree by clicking Best Practice -> iOS mobile apps vs. PB desktop apps, and then click any entry under it, for example, Screen Size, the html page on the right page does not move all.

To reproduce issue 2, visit the above address, expand the TOC tree so it is longer than one page, scroll to the bottom of the TOC tree, click Index. It goes to the top of the TOC tree, instead of staying at the bottom where Index is.

I have googled for solutions but with no luck. But I found another DocBook WebHelp sample which has no such TOC issues, what's more, its performance is much much better (anybody know why?). If you are interested, take a look at http://doc.neodoc.biz/user/content/apbs03.html#d4e2030.

I am not sure if these are bugs or configuration issues. Can anybody help?

Regards

Tracy