Subject: Faster WebHelp XSL

Hello,

We had to use the webhelp output for a huge XML document (~11MB) doing the chunking to a very high section level. Doing so, more than 1600 html files needed to be generated. After waiting around 5 hours for it to finish we decided to stop it. What was taking time is the generation of the toc tree in the left pane for each html file generated, so we decided to generate it only one time and copy it as needed. Attached are the files showing how we did it preserving the highlighting of the current tree item. Basically we generated an "id" attribute for each tree item and a _javascript_ variable containing the current id for each page. After that the transformation took 45 minutes to finish.

We hope it will be useful.

Cheers,

Maxime Bégnis

NeoDoc