Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Nested lists insensitive to "list.block.spacing" attribute set

Hi Erik,
Yes, that is intended behavior. The list element templates have two attribute sets designed specifically for vertical spacing: list.block.spacing sets the vertical space before and after the whole list, and list.item spacing sets them for each listitem. The first items gets both. Experience showed that adding the extra spacing in list.block.spacing to a nested list looked out of place, so that attribute set is not used for nested lists. This information should appear on the reference page for that attribute-set, so I'll fix that.

However, the orderedlist.properties and itemizedlist.properties attribute sets are used on all levels of nested lists, so that's where you could put your margin-left attribute.

From: "Erik Leunissen" <e.leunissen@hccnet.nl>
Sent: Saturday, October 12, 2013 1:05 PM
To: <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>

It appears that the following horizontal list spacing recipe:

<xsl:attribute-set name="list.block.spacing">
  <xsl:attribute name="margin-left">
    <xsl:choose>
      <xsl:when test="self::d:itemizedlist">0.2in</xsl:when>
      <xsl:when test="self::d:orderedlist">0.4in</xsl:when>
      <xsl:otherwise>0.6in</xsl:otherwise>
    </xsl:choose>
  </xsl:attribute>
</xsl:attribute-set>

doesn't affect nested lists. (Note that the default case "otherwise"
isn't applied either.)

The attached sample files demonstrate that when I run the customization
in my setup, which consists of xsltproc and fop 1.1

- Is that intended behaviour?
- What can I do to indent all lists regardless their place in the
docbook element hierarchy?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Erik Leunissen.