Subject: class.value mode with multiple values

hi, I have an element that I want to have multiple class values by matching in class.value mode.

I've read this doc, but still not sure how to proceed:
http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/HtmlCustomEx.html

Currently I have these two templates:
<xsl:template match="d:term" mode="class.value">
  <xsl:value-of select="'AAterm'" />
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="d:*[@conformance='experimental']" mode="class.value">
  <xsl:value-of select="local-name()" />
  <xsl:value-of select="' AAexperimental'" />
</xsl:template>

My DocBook source has a <term conformance="experimental">; it seems that the last template wins so this is the result:
  <dt class="term AAexperimental">
but I need
  <dt class="AAexperimental AAterm">

the attribute conformance="experimental" can appear on multiple element types, (e.g., section, term)

How to get the two templates to work together?

thanks,
--Tim