Can you clarify one point for me? When
<insertOlinkPdfFrag> is not set to 1, does "not
properly resolved" mean the link can open the other PDF document but not scroll
to the proper location, or does it not open the other PDF at all? I would
expect the former.
I'm not a user of docbkx-tools, but I
presume setting <insertOlinkPdfFrag> is the same as setting the DocBook
XSL stylesheet parameter named 'insert.olink.pdf.frag', right? That
parameter's default value should probably be 1, now that all XSL-FO processors
support the fragment identifiers.
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2013 6:00 AM
Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Olinks in PDF missing valid
By the way,
When I want to resolve olinks between PDF documents, it looks like I also
Otherwise external-destinations are not properly resolved (though according
to Olink debug messages they are resolved).
Again, I'm seeing this behavior with 1.76.1.
On Oct 23, 2013, at 3:38 PM, Mark Craig wrote:
Thanks very much for your help.
Following your suggestion does the trick:
As a result, the link gets resolved as an internal-destination in the
.fo, and this works fine in the PDF.
to the next chapter</fo:inline></fo:basic-link>.
On Oct 23, 2013, at 2:35 PM, Wood Nick wrote:
do not pretend to be an expert on this – I setup my pdf olinks using Bob’s
excellent book plus some guidance you have posted in the past.
However, have you tried adding <currentDocid/> in the
<configuration/> of your POM and then using the sitemap in your
olinkdb.xml (as I believe this provide the location of the
From: Mark Craig
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 10:11
Subject: [docbook-apps] Olinks in PDF
missing valid destination?
the past I have successfully set up Olink resolution for
have read and tried to implement
I'm not managing to do the same for PDF.
clickable link of the Olink is there in the PDF, but with no valid
is with docbkx-tools 2.0.14, so DocBook XSL 1.76.1 and FOP 1 (I think
book SYSTEM '../../target/target.db'>
Olink debug messages make it look like the stylesheets are finding a match
for the link, the .fo is missing information.
the build output, I see:
debug: cases for targetdoc='book' and targetptr='chapter' in language
debug: CaseA matched.
debug: CaseA key is the final selection:
the .fo has an external-destination with no actual
to the next
I remove the baseuri value from the <document> element in the target
database document, then the external-destination attribute changes a
to the next
should I do differently for a valid destination to be