Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] cmdsynopsis omits xml:id

Hi Tim,
It appears that in 2007, the named anchor output was made dependent on the presence of a dbcmdlist processing instruction:

http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/1.78.1/doc/pi/dbcmdlist.html

I think the implementor went to far, though, and turned off the anchor if that PI was not used, even when an id attribute was present.  I'll fix that for a future release.

From: Tim Arnold
Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2013 11:35 AM

but one more thing, why doesn't the cmdsynopsis have <a name="abe"></a> inside? The chapter and section headings have their anchors. for example, here is the section div:
            <h2 class="title" style="clear: both">
              <a name="abd"></a>
              The Section
            </h2>
          <code class="command">The Command</code>
          variable-list   ;