Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Storing data within Docbook?

Jirka's suggestion is the best approach. It gives you all the flexiblity
in the world with no extra work. Here's how it might look:

              <para>
                <info>
                <vadim:metadata xmlns:vadim="http://somedomain-you-own/some-namespace-you-makeup";>
                  <vadim:somefield>somedata</vadim:somefield>
                </vadim:metadata>
                </info>
              Ipsum lorem. Stuff readers see goes here.
              </para>

DocBook's info element and its contents are already ignored by the xslts.
You can encode your data in xml as complex as it needs to be in a namespace
of your invention. Here's another way of doing it if you don't like namespace prefixes:

              <para>
                <info>
                <metadata xmlns="http://somedomain-you-own/some-namespace-you-makeup";>
                  <somefield>somedata</somefield>
                </metadata>
                </info>
              Ipsum lorem. Stuff readers see goes here.
              </para>

Regards,
David