Subject: XSL-FO 2.0 [Was: Syntax highlighting]

On Mon, December 9, 2013 10:04 pm, Jan Tosovsky wrote:
> On 2013-12-09 Norman Walsh wrote:
>>
>> ... future work on XSL FO has largely been abandoned.
>
> Does it mean that XSL-FO 2.0/next is not planned any more? Is there any
> citation for this?

http://www.w3.org/XML/XPPL/

There weren't enough dues-paying members involved for the W3C to continue
the work.

The next best place for anything to happen is the Print and Page Layout
Community Group [1].  We've been experimenting [2] (slowly) with feedback
and decision making in FO processing, but it really needs more people to
show an interest for it to progress.

Regards,

Tony Graham                                   tgraham@mentea.net
Consultant                                 http://www.mentea.net
Mentea       13 Kelly's Bay Beach, Skerries, Co. Dublin, Ireland
    XML, XSL-FO and XSLT consulting, training and programming
       Chair, Print and Page Layout Community Group @ W3C

[1] http://www.w3.org/community/ppl/
[2] http://www.w3.org/community/ppl/wiki/FOPRunXSLTExt