Subject: Re: [docbook] performance issue - 5MB Source lead to a processtime up to 20 minutes

[Moving to docbook-apps list which is more appropriate...]

On 16.1.2014 9:18, markus.sticker.epos@zf.com wrote:
> I have to process a larger docbook file to fo (700 pages / docbook file size: 5mb).
> I tried to use serveral processors like xsltproc, msxml and saxon (6.5.5 - 64Bit java7) running on Win7.
> But the transformation took always 20 minutes.

This quite long given length of your document. You should measure what
is taking so long. It seems that your are generating FO in order to get
PDF. What takes so long -- just generating FO, or also generating PDF?

Are you sure that resources like stylesheets (or DTDs if you use DocBook
4.x) are loaded from local copies not fetched over the Internet?

				Jirka