Subject: AW: [docbook-apps] AW: AW: [docbook] performance issue - 5MB Source lead to a processtime up to 20 minutes

Hi Jirka,

I tried to use the 9.5EE but there was the problem with the chunker
"Don't know how to chunk with Saxonica"
Saxon uses xsl:result-document.
So I changed to Saxon 8 - also docbook (kimber index method) retruns with
"use saxon 6 or 8" ... so that's the reason.

Best regards

Markus

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Jirka Kosek [mailto:jirka@kosek.cz]
Gesendet: Montag, 27. Januar 2014 16:37
An: Sticker Markus EXT FRD EPOS
Cc: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org

On 27.1.2014 16:03, markus.sticker.epos@zf.com wrote:
> I found out that the autoindex ist very slow or contains high load.
> I tried to use the index.method kosek or kimber, but the kosek way
> didn't improve the speed and the kimber way didn't work with saxon
> 8.8.0.7.

Why you are not using Saxon 9.x? 8.x branch is quite old and there are many new optimizations in 9.x version.

> So ... is there a way to speed up the indexer?

I haven't done any extensive profiling on indexig code. It already uses xsl:key for many things, so it is quite unlikely that there is a possibility of some dramatic improvement.

If you really need to improve performance you can hire me and I can reproduce your setup and do some analysis and come up with some workaround. Please contact me off-list if you are interested.

				Jirka