Subject: Re: Sigplan template, the continuing saga: Paragraph indents

Bob Stayton <bobs@sagehill.net> writes:

> The following customized template is copied from the match="d:para"
> template in fo/block.xsl.  It selects the children of section, then
> eliminates the allowed elements before para, then takes the first
> remaining element [1], and then checks to see if it is a para
> (self::d:para).  Only then is that template applied.  The only
> difference in the template body is to add a text-indent="0pt" to the
> fo:block to override the 'para.properties' attribute set.
>
> <xsl:template match="d:section/*[not(self::d:title or
>                                    self::d:subtitle or
>                                    self::d:titleabbrev or
>                                    self::d:info or
>                                    self::d:indexterm or
>                                    self::d:remark or
>                                    self::d:annotation)][1][self::d:para]">
>
>   <xsl:variable name="keep.together">
>     <xsl:call-template name="pi.dbfo_keep-together"/>
>   </xsl:variable>
>   <fo:block xsl:use-attribute-sets="para.properties" text-indent="0pt">
>     <xsl:if test="$keep.together != ''">
>       <xsl:attribute name="keep-together.within-column"><xsl:value-of
>                       select="$keep.together"/></xsl:attribute>
>     </xsl:if>
>     <xsl:call-template name="anchor"/>
>     <xsl:apply-templates/>
>   </fo:block>
> </xsl:template>

This worked great! It's much better than the solution I was thinking
about, and I've applied it to work with abstracts and appendices as
well. The Sigplan Stylesheet is looking really good now. I appreciate
all of your help throughout this endeavour.

--
Aaron W. Hsu | arcfide@sacrideo.us | http://www.sacrideo.us
לֵ֤ב חֲכָמִים֙ בְּבֵ֣ית אֵ֔בֶל וְלֵ֥ב כְּסִילִ֖ים בְּבֵ֥ית שִׂמְחָֽה׃