Subject: Re: [docbook] Vertical text in FO output

[moving this over to the docbook-apps mailing list where stylesheet issues are discussed]

That format usually comes from putting text into a block defined with a very narrow width, so that the formatter resorts to breaking the word after each letter.

I suspect the header table right column width was set to a small size, and the header.content template puts some content in that column. Does your customization include setting the "header.column.widths" param?

http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/doc/fo/header.column.widths.html