Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Docbook to epub - Extra field length for first filename must be 0, but was ..

By the way, even with this error calibre has not issues opening the generate epub file. Maybe this is just a false alarm by epubcheck?

Best regards, Lars

Thanks everyone for the help. I think my setup is the same as Richard posted it.

I now tried Java 7 as well as Java 8 but I get the same error. I'm using Ant version 1.9.2 is case that is relevant.

Best regards, Lars

Hi,

Maybe the cause for the issue is the filesystem used to create the zip-file, because filesystems other than EFS add the additional metadata, which raises the validation error "Extra field length for first filename must be 0, but was 20".

I don't know if this info applies or is relevant, but I am/was getting this error when running Java's ZIP implementation in Java 8 (dev) on Mac OS X (openjdk 8) for building my EPUB.

When I switched back to Java 7 (u40 and later, openjdk 7 Mac), the error simply went away with no code changes on my part whatsoever.

I tried to trace the code in openjdk 8 Mac in trying to pinpoint the issue so that I could report it to the openjdk 8 Java folks, but it turned out to be way over my head. In my Java code, I am not setting any data in the extra field of a new ZipEntry for the mimetype file, so I do think that it's a bug in Java 8 ZIP utils library when as a result, the extra field length is NOT zero.

Lars, what Java version on which platform are you running Ant in?

Regards
Christian