Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Turning off admonition graphics

Hi David,
You are correct on both counts. The admon.graphics param controls that feature, and it is set to zero (off) by default. I just confirmed with the stock 1.78.1 stylesheets. So the question is why doesn't it work for you?

The param value triggers a choice of templates (from fo/admon.xsl):

<xsl:template match="note|important|warning|caution|tip">
  <xsl:choose>
    <xsl:when test="$admon.graphics != 0">
      <xsl:call-template name="graphical.admonition"/>
    </xsl:when>
    <xsl:otherwise>
      <xsl:call-template name="nongraphical.admonition"/>
    </xsl:otherwise>
  </xsl:choose>
</xsl:template>

Has the template named nongraphical.admonition been customized?