Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Expose profile attributes

    <xsl:template match="*[@revision]" mode="class.value">

<xsl:value-of select="@revision"/>

</xsl:template>

Thanks Bob, this seemed to work a little, but I think it only applies my class to elements that would have already had one in the first place. Paragraphs, spans, and who knows what else completely ignore it. Also, it deletes the class attribute that would have been there for the element.

So, I tried this:

<xsl:template match="*[@revision]" mode="class.value">

<xsl:param name="class" select="concat(local-name(.), ' ', @revision)"/>

<!-- permit customization of class value only -->

<!-- Use element name by default -->

<xsl:value-of select="$class"/>

</xsl:template>

This I would have thought would concatenate the local-name and the revision, but it doesn’t seem to do anything. Maybe my xpath statement isn’t allowed in the xsl:param statement?

So, I again tried this xpath in the class.attribute template:

    <xsl:template match="*[@revision]" mode="class.attribute">

<xsl:param name="class" select="local-name(.)"/>

<!-- permit customization of class attributes -->

<!-- Use element name by default -->

<xsl:attribute name="class">

<xsl:apply-templates select="." mode="class.value">

<xsl:with-param name="class" select="concat($class, ' ', @revision)"/>

</xsl:apply-templates>

</xsl:attribute>

</xsl:template>

This one keeps my original classes and just adds the @revision value (how come my xpath statement works now?), but again, it only works on elements that call the class.attribute mode, which many elements do not.

Furthermore, It seems like many of the templates ignore the class.value mode and just set the class to local-name(.) anyways (common.html.attributes does this for a lot of templates).

Any ideas on how to get this to work?

Eric