Subject: dbfo-need changes para spacing

Hello,

I am new on this list, so please forgive me, if this is a FAQ.

I want to use conditional page breaks, but they seem to change para spacing.

A sample docbook source looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE book>
<book version="5.0" xml:lang="de" xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook";>
	<chapter>
		<title>Chapter</title>
		<para>Para1</para>
		<para>Para2</para>
		<para>Para3</para>
		<para>Para4</para>
		<?dbfo-need height="10cm"?>
		<para>Para5</para>
		<?dbfo-need height="10cm"?>
		<para>Para6</para>
		<para>Para7</para>
	</chapter>
</book>

When I transform this document source with docbook-xsl-ns-1.78.1/fo/docbook.xsl and FOP Version 1.1 to pdf, the para spacing between Para4/Para5 and between Para5/Para6 is increased. I need to add  space-before="0mm" to dbfo-need to make the soft page breaks invisible, when the do not cause a page break.

Is this intentional or is there a mistake in my document, that I do not see.

I looked into pi.xsl and there seems to be a lot of code to determine correct spacing, if space-before is missing, but I am not that fluent in xslt and docbook, to completely understand that part.

73, Mario
--
Mario Klebsch
mario@klebsch.de