Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Issues and questions when validating agains epubcheck4

Hi Carlos,
The epub3 stylesheets do honor the css.decoration parameter. Unfortunately, setting it to zero does not fix everything, because not all CSS styling is controlled by that param.

There is also the make.clean.html param, which was added later with the intent to remove most inline CSS, but it has not been fully implemented in all HTML templates. The goal is clean separation of CSS into a separate stylesheet, but it is not there yet.

Each new release of epubcheck seems to tighten the checking of CSS, so DocBook XSL has to adapt. In this case, epubcheck4 is in alpha stage, so it is a little early to be making those changes.

Regarding the usage of the style attribute, the epub3 guidelines for accessibility located here:

http://www.idpf.org/accessibility/guidelines/content/semantics/separation.php

say to "Avoid using the style attribute", but it does not ban it. Does epubcheck4 flag such as a warning or an error?